Not least due to their success in the first big hunt, Christian Grasmann and his partner, the reigning Madison World Champion Vivien Brisse, were able to secure the lead in the 6-day race in Bremen at the end of the first night.
The Munich driver and his French team-mate are now one lap ahead of the Swiss duo Tristan Marguet and Franco Marvulli. Leif Lampater and Dutchman Wim Stroetinga follow in third place.
1. Christian Grasmann (Germany) / Vivien Brisse (France) 42 points
2. Tristan Marguet (Switzerland) / Franco Marvulli (Switzerland) 53 points and 1 lap
3. Leif Lampater (Germany) / Wim Stroetinga (Netherlands) 51 points and 1 lap
4. Marcel Kalz (Germany) / Robert Bartko (Germany) 42 points and 1 lap
5. Andreas Müller (Austria) / Marc Hester (Denmark) 22 points and 1 lap