The US component manufacturer will be selling a new group from July 1st, 2014. The special thing about it: the one intended for use in cyclocross Force CX1 has an 11-speed cassette, an optimized chain ring at the front and takes over the advantages of the in-house 11-speed MTB groups. Sram is the first company to bring a cyclocross specific 1×11 group onto the market.
According to Sram, the group should shift extremely well and reliably. In addition, there should be no chain jams or jumps. The technologies should be responsible for this X sync™, X Horizon™, Type-2™ and exact actuation™ be. Compared to the 2×11 version of the Strength should the CX1 be a whole 250 grams lighter. The group should also be compatible with mechanical brakes, disc and cantilever, as well as hydraulic disc brakes. Appropriate models will be presented later.
prices and weights
- Lever (158 grams right / 119 grams left - 172 euros / 100 euros)
- Cranksets (542 grams BB30/ 710 grams GXP – 221 euros BB30 / 184 euros GPX)
- X-Sync chainrings (38, 40, 42, 44 teeth - 75 grams - from 112 euros)
- X-Sync and X-Horizon rear derailleur (261 grams - 209 euros)
- Cassette (247 grams - 11-26 / 257 grams - 11-28 / 300 grams - 11-32 - from 95 euros)
- chain (242 grams – 48 euros)