While overall leader Niki Terpstra (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) finished safely in the peloton on the last day of the Tour of Qatar and thus secured overall victory, it was the Frenchman, Arnaud Démare, who won the final day with an impressive sprint. The FDJ.fr team driver drove a clever race until shortly before the finish line and launched his decisive attack almost 200 meters from the finish line. With a strong start, he relegated Daniele Bennati (Tinkoff-Saxo), Bernhard Eisel (Sky) and Tom Boonen (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) to the places. "My team did a good job throughout the stage and I was able to start my sprint just before the finish, riding on the rear wheel of the Saxo team riders", Démare comments on his stage win.
As the best German, Robert Förster crossed the finish line in 12th place. André Greipel crosses the finish line in 49th place.
1. Arnaud Démare (FDJ.fr) 2:45:06
2.Daniele Bennati (Tinkoff Saxo)
3. Bernhard Eisel (Team Sky)
4.Tom Boonen (Omega Pharma-QuickStep)
5. Lucas Sebastian Haedo (Skydive Dubai Pro Cycling Team)
Nothing changed in the top 3 of the overall standings on the last day. Niki Terpstra finishes 17 seconds ahead of teammate Tom Boonen to secure Tour of Qatar victory. Jurgen Roelandts came in just under third, leaving Britain's Ian Stannard in fourth and Denmark's Michael Morkov in fifth. For André Greipel it was enough for a solid tenth place at the end of the six-day tour.
1. Niki Terpstra (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) 15:53:37
2. Tom Boonen (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) 0:00:17
3. Jurgen Roelandts (Lotto Belisol) 0:00:20
4. Ian Stannard (Team Sky) 0:00:37
5. Michael Morkov (Tinkoff-Saxo) 0:00:48